[Mendicino(CS)-Italy]

Login: GUEST

AE5ME  > ALL      05.03.16 19:01l 6 Lines 1349 Bytes #999 (0) @ WW
BID : 0E5S2U587F6P
Read: GUEST
Subj: //WL2K Southern Territory Satern Newsletter March 4th Part 4
Path: IW8PGT<CX2SA<7M3TJZ<JE7YGF<N9PMO<NS2B<N0KFQ<AE5ME
Sent: 160305/1638Z 32955@AE5ME.#NEOK.OK.USA.NOAM BPQ1.4.64

Soldiers:  Soldiers are officially registered lay members of the Salvationist church.  Soldiers wear blue epaulets on the shoulders of their uniform.  
People who choose to become officially registered as a Soldier in The Salvation Army sign The Articles of War (sometimes known as the Soldier?s Covenant).  It is a commitment to a certain set of Christian doctrines and to a personal code of behavior that exemplifies the Christian life.  Soldiers also make a personal commitment to not use tobacco, alcohol or drugs.    
Soldiers come from all walks of life and backgrounds.  Some come from a middle class urban, suburban or rural background.  They may be bankers, lawyers, tradespeople, clerks, farmers or many other kinds of professions.  
But because The Salvation Army?s original and continued mission is to those who come from very difficult life experiences such as alcoholism, drug use, prostitution, incarceration or simply the very poor and marginalized, the backgrounds of many Soldiers reflect that diversity.  The strength of The Salvation Army is that all are welcome, regardless of background  
Adherents:  Adherents are Christians who regularly support and attend The Salvation Army church, but have not signed the Articles of War (Soldier?s Covenant) and are not officially registered as a lay member of the Salvationist church. 

Read previous mail | Read next mail

11.05.2024 17:15:41lGo back Go up