Login: GUEST

NS2B   > ALL      31.08.21 02:56l 56 Lines 2656 Bytes #999 (0) @ WW
BID : 25067_NS2B
Read: GUEST
Subj: PCL Packet Net Summary for August 30, 2021
Path: IW8PGT<IZ3LSV<IQ2LB<IR2UFV<N3HYM<VE3CGR<AB0AF<KE0GB<NS2B
Sent: 210831/0046Z 25067@NS2B.#WNY.NY.USA.NOAM BPQ6.0.22

PCL Packet Net Summary for August 30, 2021

There will be no net Mondy Sept 6 in observance of the Labor Day Holiday.

Checkins:

NS2B	Bob	Penfield, NY	(nco)
WX4QZ	Daryl	Little Rock, AR	(courtesy checkin)
VA7RBP	Rick	Castlegar, BC
KF5TVG	Bob	Broken Arrow, OK
KF5JRV	Scott	Huntsville, AR
KD5TCY	Jackie	Huntsville, AR	(relay checkin)

Commentary:

VA7RBP Rick : 
Good Evening Bob and all on the net.
It was a good week. We drove to Kelowna to celebrate our 48th, with a nice dinner, and an overnight at a B&B.
Did some repair work on my neighbor's garden shed, did some clean out of my own garden shed, took a bunch of wood scraps
and metal bits to the dump. I started doing some sorting and clean out of the shack as well, Arlene's going to shoot
me if I don't get the radios and parts bins off the living room carpet soon.
Our Granddaughters are doing ok now, but our Daughter still has some symptoms so they are still isolating.
My Sister and her hubby stopped in for a nice visit on Friday, fisrt I've seen them in two years.
The tomatoes are coming along nicely, harvesting lots of cherry tomatoes, but the beefsteaks are still green.
Not much radio work lately, the weird interference problem I was having has calmed down a bit since I cleaned the
connections between the antennas and mounts, and I had retuned the antennas as well, but I still need brass 3/8 x 24 mounting
studs to keep the corrosion down. Hope Daryl gets better. That's about all for me, so BTU Bob >>>

KF5TVG Bob : 
GE Bob and all on the net!
I'm in Branson this week. Checked in to the SW Missouri Skywarn Youth net last night.
It's at 7:30pm central. Has really grown over the last 2-3 years. They have checkins
from all over the US now, with VOIP/DMR/Allstar nodes. Allstar nodes in Alabama,
Calif, Kansas, Okla etc. A 9 year old girl is the youngest controller. She is from
Tulsa, OK. They can be reached on DMR TG31686, or on Allstar 49321. Nice to give
youngsters an opportunity to run a net and gain confidence.
Hope Daryl gets better soon.
Rick,, Happy 48th! That's a great milestone.
Was supposed to have carpet replaced in Branson condo today. Installer called
in sick to the carpet shop this morning. Boss told me how hard it is to get
anyone to show up for work. Crazy times (still!) for companies that are trying
to dig out of the (COVID) hole.
That's all for now. BTU Bob>>>

KF5JRV Scott : 
GE everone
Speaking of anniversaries Jackie and I celabrated our 7th today.
We have all manged to stay well this week. The weather cooled off today. About 85 for the high
Jackies tomatoes are starting to slow down, about 3 week until the first day of fall.
BTU Bob >>>

Read previous mail | Read next mail

12.05.2024 04:20:34lGo back Go up