BID : 1284_NS2B
Read: GUEST
Subj: PCL Packet Net Summary for January 8, 2024
Path: IW8PGT<I3XTY<I0OJJ<EA2RCF<LU9DCE<VA3TOK<VE3KPG<N9PMO<NS2B
Sent: 240109/0132Z 1284@NS2B.#WNY.NY.USA.NOAM BPQ6.0.24

PCL Packet Net Summary for January 8, 2024

Checkins:

NS2B	Bob	Penfield, NY	(sysop/nco)
N5VLZ	Daryl	Little Rock, AR	(courtesy checkin)
KX4AC	Carl	Melbourne, FL
VA7RBP	Rick	Castlegar, BC

Commentary:

KX4AC  Carl : 
KX4AC  Carl : Happy new year to you, Bob, and to all in the net!
KX4AC  Carl : I had a pretty decent holiday, no illness here.  I took a week off from work
KX4AC  Carl : and managed to get some longstanding tasks finally done.  The big one I keep
KX4AC  Carl : bragging about is that I fixed up my old desk chair.  My father reupholstered
KX4AC  Carl : it and gave it to me some 50 years ago, and over the years it had gotten
KX4AC  Carl : pretty ratty.  I finally went out, bought some new upholstery fabric and fixed
KX4AC  Carl : it up.  It was a learning experience!  I don't think I did as good a job as
KX4AC  Carl : Dad, but it looks presentable now and probably does not have to last another
KX4AC  Carl : 50 years (at least I am pretty sure I won't last that long :-)
KX4AC  Carl : Otherwise I did some cleanup and organizing and finally got some film
KX4AC  Carl : developed that I have had sitting around for a while.
KX4AC  Carl : Oh, and I ordered a pico balloon tracker, and it arrived a couple of days ago.
KX4AC  Carl : The local club is going to organize a pico balloon event and now I am ready
KX4AC  Carl : for it.  With my luck the balloon won't get very far, but we shall see.
KX4AC  Carl : Not sure about the schedule yet, but I think the plan was to do it sometime
KX4AC  Carl : in January.  So I am excited about that.
KX4AC  Carl : I guess that's all the news from Florida. Back to net >>>

VA7RBP Rick : 
VA7RBP Rick : GE Bob and Carl, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
VA7RBP Rick : Well, boxing day Arlene picked up a cold, it's still hangin in there, and now I have it...
VA7RBP Rick : I don't think we got it from family. We visited friends on Boxing Day and Arlene noticed that the hostess
had the sniffles...
VA7RBP Rick : Christmas was great, dinner with our Daughter's family and in-laws.
VA7RBP Rick : New Years Eve was quiet, except for the cold. We decided to buy ourselves some toys for Christmas.
VA7RBP Rick : I think I mentioned the FoodCycler fiasco. Anyway, Amazon sent us a new one and it works great.
VA7RBP Rick : We also picked up a four camera video surveillance system for capturing wildlife wandering through the
yard,
VA7RBP Rick : that's woking great as well. But so far, only captured a big dog wandering down the river bank with it's
fisherman owner.
VA7RBP Rick : At the moment I am watching the snow fall on the monitor.
VA7RBP Rick : We have a snowfall warning out at the moment, and the tamps are starting to get colder.
VA7RBP Rick : It's currently -06C/22F, but by Friday it's supposed to get to -36C/-33F. Not looking forward to that.
VA7RBP Rick : As usual, I have been trying to keep busy with projects, until I poop out, then I head for the easy
chair
VA7RBP Rick : and my audio book. With this cold, that's been happening a lot.
VA7RBP Rick : Well, that's about it for me. Not a lot of excitment here at the moment. BTU Bob >>>

Read previous mail | Read next mail

12.05.2024 02:06:43lGo back Go up