AL0Y   > FBB      22.12.20 17:00l 38 Lines 2365 Bytes #999 (0) @ WW
BID : 1261_AL0Y
Read: GUEST
Subj: Re: Change HR for VE2PKT
Path: IW8PGT<HB9ON<IW0QNL<OK0NBR<OK2PEN<N3HYM<W0ARP<AL0Y
Sent: 201222/1429Z @:AL0Y.#NNJ.NJ.USA.NOAM #:1261 [WAYNE-NJ-USA] $:1261_AL0Y
To  : FBB@WW

I0OJJ;
I am not sure where you got that there are only 400 BBS systems in the world. There are at least 580 BPQ nodes on the BPQ map website.
And those are the ones that choose to be advertised, so the number may be more.
Then there are those who use FBB, JNOS, and any BBS system.

Then on top of that, there are the local users of each of those systems. You know, normal users that use their TNC on RF to 
download their messages and the bulletins...

So, the number of users is WAY more than the mentioned 400. 
But this is not really the main concern. even 400 is still a lot.
But this is not really the main concern. even 400 is still a lot.
If you want to identify your node as just I0OJJ, you probably can do that ... but you will need to tell those 400 nodes you mentioned how and where to route messages for you
I don't think this is very wise, I know I have to send all ITA.EU and ITA.EURO to IZ5FSK, and he takes care of that.
If you drop the ITA.EU from your node's HR, your messages will have no route... Again, unless you tell that to the 400 people you mentioned.
If you drop the ITA.EU from your node's HR, your messages will have no route... Again, unless you tell that to the 400 people you mentioned.
Then, if each one does as you say, BBS routing will be a chaos. 
And it will be the worst experience ever.

THERE IS A REASON (A LOGICAL ONE) WHY HROUTES EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLACE. THIS IS NO EMAILS.
THERE IS A REASON (A LOGICAL ONE) WHY HROUTES EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLACE. THIS IS NO EMAILS.
Now, regarding the 2-letters or the 4-letters thingy...

f you use, 2 Letters, what will South Africa become? SA? I though this is South America.
What about CEAM for Central America? in two letters, this becomes NA... so messages addressed to the Caribbeans now flood USA, Canada, and Mexico? 
What about the Antarctica? Middle East? or MARS (as in Military Auxiliary Amateur Radio)?

Again, Standards were created for a reason. You just need to trust those who did it. 
And think scaling up. 

Oh, and if we only have 400 BBS now? we hope to have more later, not less.
We would like to grow this hobby.
What if a year from now there are 2000? (I believe we are already there), will you still ask the 2000 (specially those who just setup a BBS) to change routing for your BBS, just because?
73 de AL0Y

Read previous mail | Read next mail

11.05.2024 21:36:47lGo back Go up