BID : 473_AL0Y
Read: GUEST
Subj: AL0Y's BBS is now on FBB
Path: IW8PGT<IZ3LSV<IK5FKA<IK5FKA<LU9HGS<LU3DVN<LU4DRH<W4GON<W9GM<KK4DIV<
      AL0Y
Sent: 201219/1359Z @:AL0Y.#NNJ.NJ.USA.NOAM #:473 [WAYNE] $:473_AL0Y
To  : SYSOP@WW

Hello, SYSOPs

I now have my FBB BBS on the air (and on AXIP for that matter) operational, receiving and forwarding messages. after I moved all my forwarding links from my BPQ node which I have been using for quite a good time now, to the FBB bbs. 

While I was (and still am) enjoyed the experience of BPQ, I want to try other systems and FBB seems to be the second most popular system. I say that based on looking at the RLines for the messages that were going through my BBS for the past couple of month.

Anyway, not to bore you with my story, I wanted to let you know that I will be keeping an eye on all the messages I receive, their routes, and who I am forwarding to, to make sure I am following proper forwarding and hierarchical routing.
However, please, if you see a message that you feel I forwarded incorrectly (based on the RLine), or you dropped a message to my system and you don't think I forwarded correctly (if at all), please let me know. 
I will be honest and say FBB is not as simple as BPQ in regards to configuring forwarding. 

I currently have links to the following HRs (directly, or using 1-hop):
NOAM:
  USA: 
    AR, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MN, OH, OR, , PA, TX, WI
  CAN: 
    BC, MB, ON, QC
  MEX
SOAM:
  ARG, BRA
EURO: 
  BEL, DEU, ESP, FRA, GBR, ITA, PRT, RUS, NLD
AUNZ
SAFR:
  ZAF

On the other hand, if you see this message and would like to link your node (over AXIP, or AXUDP) with my node located in Wayne, NJ, USA.. then please drop me a line with your information. Specially the HRoute of your BBS and who you forward to. 

Please don't just give me your IP and no more info. 
I am not looking for just node linking. I am not trying to collect as many nodes in my nodes list. Actually I have increased the MINQUAL in my setup so I can only see the nodes I am directly linked to but not their neighbors.
Unless you want to setup forwarding, then a node link is not what I am looking for.

Cordially

73 de AL0Y

Read previous mail | Read next mail

12.05.2024 01:32:24lGo back Go up